Thursday 21 January 2010

The NTA's. (Anyone else surprised Cowell's mug didn't appear more often?)

The National Television Awards annually document the many outstanding contributions to British television. It is a time when each of the mainstream channels are able to come together and freely discuss programmes across the board without the concern for publicising the competition. I, for one, find it terribly odd seeing Tess Daly, Len Goodman etc in the same room as Simon Cowell and his minions. It is almost like eating apple crumble with a splash of gravy; the two should never be put together. However, over all, it was a night for much celebration and camaraderie (except of course for those poor souls who lost out).

A special mention is deserved here; guess who was hosting? Only Dermot O’-flipping-Leary. Of course he was. With the phenomenon that was The X Factor being made somewhat less enjoyable by Mr O’Leary, why ever would they not invite him to do the same to this TWO AND A HALF HOUR LONG programme. F.Y.I that is a longer amount of time watching Dermot’s, I’m-talking-but-I’m-not-really-saying-anything-of-interest-to-anyone, fillers than ever on The X Factor.

My personal highlight of the entire two and a half hours was Jedward’s outrageously brilliant performance of THEIR NEW SINGLE ‘Ice, Ice, Baby’. I was so proud it brought tears to my eyes. However, the third Jedward member that came on stage half way through and had the audacity not to conform to the Jedward image ruined it slightly for me. It appeared as if ‘The Legend that is John and Edward’ were mere backing dancers. He must be shot.



I am sure if you wanted to know the winners of all the categories you would either have watched it or Googled it by now. So I will not bore you with the details.

In summary: Corrie won the battle of the soaps, Ant and Dec were as popular as ever winning another couple to add to their collection, The X Factor won best talent show and Simon made a cheeky joke about Arlene leaving Strictly and them LOSING, there was a mammoth tribute to Stephen Fry and I found myself wondering if he had recently died (however, all credit to him, and I love his voice), Simon Cowell’s dentist also got a special mention.

I cannot remember any other awards. But that only means they hold no real relevance or importance. So do not worry.

Oh and Piers Morgan shot himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment